Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1998 V70 TDI 2.5, shinney contact marks on the inside face

Customer Question

1998 V70 TDI 2.5, shinney contact marks on the inside face around the joint hole, it makes rattling noise and pully can be seen to not runnig true, new
polly v idler,new crank pully ,new polly v belt tensione with pully fitted,
the outside end of the crankshaf is worn,
can the crankshaft end be repaired in place
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is MIKE.

Im afraid it sounds like the crank pulley has worked loose and been running that way for some time... hence the marks - and the damage you mention.

The problem you have here is two fold... getting room to get at the end of the crank to do anything with it - and , what can be done.

Re the latter, it depends on the extent of the damage done... if its slight, it may be able to be repaired with machining tools... if its bad - its a new crankshaft Im afraid.

I suspect you will find too that the engine has to be removed to do anything with it - there is just no room Im sorry to say to do anything with it--

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE