Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Is 455000 miles to hight on a Volvo fh420 4 x 2 automatic gears

Customer Question

is 455000 miles to hight on a Volvo fh420 4 x 2 automatic gears tractor unit to give me yaers of use with out engine breaking
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Apologies for the delay in getting to your question! These Volvo engines are very strong and designed to last, Half a million miles is not "high mileage" on an HGV Engine for this sort, If the engine has been well serviced and continues to be serviced as and when is necessary there should be plenty of life in the engine. Of course all engines will at some point require work due to general wear and tear and there are so many variable factors involved it is impossible to say how long any engine will last as any one fault could go onto cause engine failure which may not always be related to general wear and tear so it very difficult to say for certain. Ultimately I would consider this engine to be half way through its life expectancy providing it is looked after, if you plan to cover high mileage on the engine it would make sense to opt for a lower mileage alternative simply to give more overall life however if this is for more local work in which less millage will be covered annually than that of an average HGV I would have no worries about the current mileage.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.