Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

V70 serviced before I purchased it. Within 2 weeks engine system

v70 serviced before I purchased it. Within 2 weeks engine system service required. Reset again, but now came back on again. Not serviced by Volvo garage
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help... Sorry to see you have had a wait.On this model, the Engine System Service message - is NOT a service message...as in, the car needs a service... Rather - its a "fault" message.Its telling you that the ECU - computer on the car has seen a fault somewhere in the cars engine management systems... and as such, it needs checking.This has to be done with plug in diagnostic equipment - into the cars OBD socket - for what is called a Fault code read - to extract the logged fault codes..Once retreived the fault is identified -and can be sorted - The system fault message will then stay off.Most smaller garages have the test equipment to do as above for you - but of course all dealers do too should you not be able to find a smaller garage with the equipment in your locale.So thats the way fwd for you as above to get this issue sorted for you.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert