Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My XC90 has the message "Alarm system service" and I've

Customer Question

My XC90 has the message "Alarm system service" and I've been told its the Alarm ECU/battery so I have a second hand part to replace 30679205 and I need to know where it goes!!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.The alarm siren module is located behind the drivers side front wing, it is under the plastic wheel arch liner fixed to the chassis on a bracket. The siren will be fixed using a security bolt so will require either cutting or drilling the head off the bolt. The siren module will then need to be programmed to the car, the modules are coded from the factory, when using a second hand part, the coding needs to be removed and re-programmed. This can be carried out at a main dealer or specialist for around £120I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i'll try and find it and swap it over and see if this works
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Best of luck! Please feel free to ask if you have any problems getting to it. if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.