Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My 06 passat was just through the test 2 days then i noticed

Customer Question

my 06 passat was just through the test 2 days then i noticed a clicking noise which i thought to be a cv joint as it was xmas eve i thot i will have to leave till after boxing day cause no garage wud be open but very quickly the noise got a lot worse and the car started pulling quite violently to left was pretty scareytook car to garage they put it on lift but cud see no reason for this happening they then drove the car and told me it was driving normally so i collected the car and sure enough it was driving well but an hour later it went the same way again any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
This does sound like a outer CV joint you need to get to the repair shop when it starts to click and do a test drive with the mechanic .find a good open free car park and do a tight full circle one way then the other way a bad CV joint will click on tight turns . If clicking is not noticed then check engine mounts ,and take good note of the rear mount this one can cause you problem like you are having . Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.