Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am about 120 miles from home and the emissions warning light

Customer Question

I am about 120 miles from home and the emissions warning light (amber) has come on. What is likely to be the cause of the problem, and is it reasonably ok for me to continue my drive home and then get it sorted?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello you should be OK to continue your journey but I would try and avoid hard acceleration and a high top speed whats most likely is the DPF may be slightly clogged up ? and in fact the 1st thing to try with these is to take the car for a long drive once you're home get it plugged into a diagnostic device to pull the code off and point to the fault
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you