Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have 2010 Volvo diesel which from time to time brings up

Customer Question

I have 2010 Volvo diesel which from time to time brings up cooling sevice light and goes away for some months what could this be?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the cooling service light is triggered by a time interval since last service, if you just clear it with this procedureProceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):-Ignition position I-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer-Ignition position II.Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset. if the message persists and the car isn't overheating I'd ask a dealer to re-flash the ECU software with the latest issue as this update should help
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you