Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

There, Iv got volvo s60 d5 2005!I had the dreaded "engine

Hi there,
Iv got volvo s60 d5 2005!I had the dreaded "engine service required" message on the board!It turned out to be stuck vanes!Iv cleaned it and fixed it !Also changed the intercooler as the old one had bulged and had more holes then a swiss cheeze!I am now running a fmic and a remap!All was good till the car started "sneezing" and is not as powerful anymore!There is this horse neighing sound on acceleration which sometimes ends with a sound that only can be described as air pressure being relieved which causes the car to spike!Local garage claim they have checked the vacuum lines! Even had me change to boost control valve!Problem remains!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
do you know what your fault codes are ? how is the car running now normal or very bad ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,there!
There are no faults at all!The car is sluggish!A bit slow on acceleration!if u floor it no probs but still not as good an acceleration as it used to be!the thing is,the car is like steam loko!Any time the turbo kicks in I can hear air pressure being released!its like any time I change gear you hear pssst,pssst sound like the wrc racing cars!Sometimes the car would even stall!!!Local garage said there are no air leaks and they do believe the turbo needs changing...
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I think maybe you have broken or loose turbo charge hose or charge pipe cracked or loose clamps turbo charger if you hear those noises
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was actually refered as a turbo maulfunction!No air leaks were found!Bought the turbo already!If that doesn't fix it I am scrapping the car!
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
it can turbo seal worn and made turbo go bad but you cant tell until you take it a part . but either way let me know and if you can rate for now neutral or positive we will stay locked
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.