Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo v 70 t5 auto. Petrol 2002 year, starts ticks over when

Volvo v 70 t5 auto. Petrol 2002 year, starts ticks over when cold, stalls immediately when drive selected, if restarted in neutral can be held at 1100 rpm sounding smooth and can be revved no misfires, cuts out as soon as throttle released please help
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You changed maf sensor that was good first step . But what you describe on that model your problem is gone be a bad so called etm (throttle body ) they fail a lot very common issue so that would be your next step and if must be done at volvo garage it requires programming with software when you install new throttle
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You can try this it can help sometime to reset idle but most time you will need new throttle . You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function . If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .