Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

We have a Volvo C30 1.9 Petrol. On 2 occasions it has

Customer Question

Hello. We have a Volvo C30 1.9 Petrol. On 2 occasions it has failed to start first time - starter motor turns but does not fire - after numerous tries it will fire but with a plume of smoke from the exhaust. It then runs fine. On both occasions, the car had been started briefly the previous day before being driven a few yards and switched off (i.e engine not warmed up). Haven't been to the garage with it yet - it is due a service - but any suggestions as to what this might be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shantal.Please close the question. I am guessing I will not be charged the £17 for this non response!Thanks
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
What you describe sounds like fuel pressure regulator is falling or leaking so I would look at that from what you said .