Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a rattle in front left side of my volvo C70, Just happens

Customer Question

I have a rattle in front left side of my volvo C70, Just happens on bumpy roads or going over ramps, had it to main dealers and they could not detect anything, took it to another garage and they replaced practically all parts in the suspension but with no success, they have examined it thoroughly and have not solved the problem. Reading the internet I believe this is relatively common with C70s, should we at this stage start concentrating on roof. Any suggestions?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Is your noise from roof area ? Can you lower the roof and test drive is noise still there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not from roof
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me area describe the noise
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Is noise from inside car or under the hood ? Noise only over bumps ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise can be heard inside car on bumpy roads, seems to be coming from left front suspension, but all parts have been replaced, wondering now if it is from where dashboard is attached to the car body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You have to make sure is not from control arm noise or stabilizer link or spring seats those very common area of problem dash can make noise but that is rare
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Also all subframe cross members must be tested inspected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i told you all the parts of the suspension have been replaced, my main dealer has given up as it involves to many man hours but my local garage who has replaced the parts thinks it in inside in the dashboard, How do you start investigating this. can the dashboard be disassembled easily, how is it attached to the frame of the car.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
i dont know why your volvo dealer cant find the noise if they cant find it they can call volvo support they send someone from volvo . i cant say thru email where you noise is like this i can just give what i see bad most common
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
dash to take out is 8 hours of labor they will charge you that is $1000 easy just in labor to pull dash out
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
you can have something broken behind dash but again good volvo tech can tell if is dash noise or not
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function . If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
THAT LAST REPLY WAS WRONG SENT TO YOU