Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

C30 - ignition lock has seized on and cannot start engine Have

C30 - ignition lock has seized on and cannot start engine Have tried suggestion in the handbook ie turn wheel and hold in position then insert key and try to start but no luck
Message in dashboard window "turn steering wheel and try again"
Any suggestions to fix
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Problem what you describe is gone steering lock module it controls locking steering wheel but also controls a start of car so you can't do much at home for that problem it has to go to volvo garage and it must be re programmed with special scanner to work
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function . If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your suggestions did not resolve the problem but were helpful guidance
Problem was resolved by Green Flag who came to take the car to my garage but fixed problem making garage trip unnecessary