Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have an XC70 2004, mileage 130,000 that has a transmission

Customer Question

I have an XC70 2004, mileage 130,000 that has a transmission problem. Occasionally there is a jerk when moving from standing position and the transmission service required message appears. My Volvo agent says the gearbox has to come out at a cost of £1700. - angle gear leaking. Do I really need to spend this amount?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Gear box in most case is around that price .but valve hydraulic control is bad most time if you replace hydraulic valve body you can fix but cost on valve body is not cheap around 1000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to advise whether driving and towing a caravan is inadvisable?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
If you tow it must be on flat bad truck due to*****.if you can drive where it can drive so to say somewhat normal you can drive it would not hurt it but only if shifting very bad I would not drive then tow it . If you please also can quick accept rate web page just looks for feedback from you to me every 1 hour or so if you can do that would be great thank you