Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Key fob won't open door - if I use the key then the alarm

Customer Question

key fob won't open door - if I use the key then the alarm sounds
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
problem cam be with remote it self that is\bad it did never send signal back to car and now it thinks is theft mode and triggers alarm if you tried new battery in fob than you will have to get new remote but remote can be only programmed by volvo dealer garage it requires software