Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

V70 Volvo 2001. Tailgate release (manual and electric on key

Customer Question

V70 Volvo 2001. Tailgate release (manual and electric on key switch) keeps jamming and only way to release is from inside of car withe internal tailgate panel removed and push pack electric actuator. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas?
Chris P.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please discontinue, thanks I think I know how to solve the problem.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
if you have that problem most the time if you replace that tail gate lock assembly it comes all as one unit will fix the problem and is very common to fail for that tail gate lock i see it all the time