Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My Volvo C70 (GIG 3464) has a problem with its roof sensor(s). From

My Volvo C70 (GIG 3464) has a problem with its roof sensor(s).
From time to time, on starting the vehicle, I receive a dashboard notification that the roof is unlocked, even if the roof has not been opened for some time. Sometimes, turning off the ignition and re-starting, the dashboard warning goes off. More often however, it escalates, telling me that there is a roof failure, and the alarm sounds. Sometimes, this, too, goes away after restarting, but usually, I resort to attempting to open the roof and then re-close it: this is rarely easy and takes several attempts.
Your agent, Bristol Street Motors, of Derby, had the vehicle for several days in March and replaced a sensor ("roof hall sensor 13"), for which I paid them the sum of £348.54 for the work, including some minor incidental matters. A few days later, the problem showed as having not been resolved. Bristol Street had the car once again and failed to locate the fault, so returned the vehicle to me, with no further charge.
However, whether or not they can locate the fault, there certainly is one. This morning, I spent twenty minutes opening and closing the roof until the alarm and dashboard warning ceased.
Before I return the car yet again to Bristol Street Motors, can you offer me and BSM any advice?
Mary Collingwood
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
IT LOOKS YOU HAVE BAD ROOF POSITION SENSOR OR CALIBRATION OF ROOF IS WRONG AND SOFTWARE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED UPDATED BUT ALL THIS ONLY VOLVO GARAGE CAN DO YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO VOLVO SOFTWARE TO REPROGRAM ROOF MODULE AND THAN RECALIBRATE ALL SENSORS AFTER THat if any sensor don't calibrate you replace that sensor but only Volvo dealer garage can do that but that is gone be your problem I do that a lot and see problem how you say PLEASE ALSO IF YOU CAN RATE POSITIVE OK WEB PAGE LOOKS THAT YOU RATE ME ALSO WE WILL STAY LOCKED AND YOU CAN TALK TO ME AGAIN AFTER YOU RATE SO YOU KNOW THANK YOU