Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Which is the best diesel engine in respect of reliability for

Which is the best diesel engine in respect of reliability for a 2007-2009 Volvo XC 70 as I am seriously looking to purchase a good used example.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
so far you picked very good model i would got wioth 5 cylinder diesel engine
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
upgraded versions of the Volvo V70, XC70 and S80 are the first in the model range to feature sharpened versions of the five-cylinder D5 and D3 turbodiesels. In the D5 engine Volvo Cars' engine experts have boosting performance and torque from 205 hp/420 Nm to 215 hp and 440 Nm while at the same time reducing fuel consumption by eight percent. This means that the fuel consumption of the Volvo xc70 D5 with manual gearbox and start/stop is now just 4.9 l/100 km (EU Combined), there is not much bad to say about those engines i would just do oil changes on time and maintenace
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.