Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a volvo v50 2.0d 136BHP 2005 and at some point it

Customer Question

I have a volvo v50 2.0d 136BHP 2005 and at some point it started to have problems with starting of engine at lower temperatures < +5deg.C. It does start however the engine is not working smoothly and there is a white/grey fume from the exhaust. After some minutes it starts working normally. This engine had not such a problem beforehand. Moreover it has got recently brand new injectors. Would be very grateful for help. Thanks.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
if is only when cold try new glow plugs and clean egr valve is looks you have problem only cold i would try that first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Enes, I have already had problems with egr valve (sometimes reducing power) and it has been replaced with the brand new one (10kkm ago). I was even trying disconnecting the egr for a try but there is no change - same effect. Also the glow plugs are quite new. It seems to be something else...all other things about the engine are ok.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
but egr passages must be looked and tested if they clogged up