Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a 2012 s80 D5204 T3 engine over the last year approximatly

Customer Question

i have a 2012 s80 D5204 T3 engine over the last year approximatly 3 or 4 times
a msg appears on the dash low coolant level this happens when the car has reached normal working temp . .when i slowly release expansion tank cap the coolant level rises again , the coolant rad hoses are not over pressurised in my opinion ,and i have replaced the coolant cap with a genuine part .could it be bad circulation e.g radiator , or would it need to be bled out , i cant find a bleed point on the coolant system . the cabin heater is working fine aswell.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
have engine get hot than cool down open the coolant fill cap add coolant to like little more than halp tank leave cap off over night and let it try to bleed air out on it own if still got problem you must try to re flush coolant system with machine or vacuum pull system to remove all air bubble
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou I will try that
One thing I tried today was to disconnect the top rad hose from the rad by popping the quick release clip and pull off the hose when I done this there was no coolant pouring from the hose ,and after about 4 to 5secs befor any poured from the rad end .making me believe that there was either a restriction in the rad or else where in th system . Also when The coolant did come out ,the volume at which it came out was small.. Would it be worth while checking the thermostat?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
you maybe have air in system but if you gone check thermostat i would just install new one is not worth the time to reuse old thermostat if you take out and inspect