Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Volvo v40 has done 117 thousand miles it still runs ok no

Customer Question

my Volvo v40 has done 117 thousand miles it still runs ok no oil leaks and mechanically sound but I have engine management system malfunction diagram of engine coming on but when engine is cool don't come on when engine warm it stays on when I first mentioned this to local garage they said faulty sensor light was showing on their diagnostic machine so I had this replaced but after a running the car out and about the warning light came on so took car back to garage they said on diagnostic told them their gunge on one of the valves I was dumfounded I had paid £190 for new sensor including labour vat when I checked my manual it said engine does not meet exhaust regulations and mentioned fuel or ignition system so what is the problem.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

can you tell me what the fault code actually was ?it should begin with a 'P' ?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you