Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

If the automatic roof of C70 convertible malfunctions, is

Customer Question

If the automatic roof of C70 convertible malfunctions, is there anything that can be done, manually, to get the roof up or down, so that the car can be started, to enable the driver to get home, and to a garage for fixing?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, are you aware of any insurance scheme (such as Warranty Direct) that covers automatic roofs.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shantal
I was contemplating buying a secondhand Volvo C70 convertible with a steel openable roof. I saw one last week and the seller said that he had just spent a lot of money fixing the roof mechanism. Other people I have spoken to also had problems with their roof mechanisms, so I have decided not to buy one of these. Therefore you can close my question.
Also, as you could not come up with an answer, do I still have to pay?RegardsDavid Lucas
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
you cant do nothing manual you must use scanner for roof most the time is only calibration with scanner required and if it cant calibrate you replace that sensor that cant calibrate