Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My wife's V50 2.0 d 2006 has just developed starting

Customer Question

Hi - my wife's V50 2.0 d 2006 has just developed starting problems. The engine won't start, there's a message about brake failure and the windscreen wipers came on without being turned on. The car now starts occasionally and is at a garage but not showing up any fault codes. It seems to be an electrical problem, any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Andy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually bearing in mind it cost me £28 for nothing I'll be having a refund please. What an outrageous confidence trick. I was deliberately mislead into believing 2 volvo experts were on hand to answer my query or I would never have proceeded.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

from what you saying wipers and brake like comes on dash that indicates module failure in so called cem module i would try first software upgrade if that dont help most time it will need new cem module or steering wheel lock module is other one that goes bad , you must use volvo scanner to make sure there no codes if no codes than that is the repair above