Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a freelander se i6 with a 3.2 Ltr Volvo engine. I

Customer Question

I have a freelander se i6 with a 3.2 Ltr Volvo engine. I need a new engine and wondered whether the 3.3 from the xc90 was compatable?
Thanks Mike
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like an answer, by the way a typo on the Volvo engine it is 3.2 Ltr
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

no you cant swap they look almost the same but mounting is not same axle position not same , transmission bolts mountings lot connections not same some parts are same but just to swap from volvo to landrover is a lot modification and would cost you lot money . so to your questions i would say cant do it