Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My 2012 XC60 Tailgate opens but either stops part way open

Customer Question

my 2012 XC60 Tailgate opens but either stops part way open or opens fully then drops back down to half open. If you hold it in the open position for approx10 seconds it will ususally stay open but can frequently drop to half closed, especially if you put a heavy load down with a bump. Also on auto closing it frequently opens up to the "safety" position. Have to hold it down as it closes until the latch is engaegd.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

you will have to install new updated tail gate motors position sensor fail in old ones new one come updated with position sensor and system must be calibrated using volvo scanner very common problem

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

if you can please rate answer positive we stay locked thank you