Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Sept 2005 Volvo XC90 Executive (107,800 miles) with

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Sept 2005 Volvo XC90 Executive (107,800 miles) with dashboard message
"Transmission requires service" Have taken it to a Concorde Auto Centre where their diagnostics revealed Fault Code 01213, described as "Neutral Valve Sensor"
As Concorde don't deal with auto / geartronic transmissions can you please provide information / cost to correct this problem.
Despite appearance of message the car drives perfectly normal, functions in all gears and neutral.
Thanks and regards
Dave ******
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

that sensor is located in the valve body so to repair / replace it, the sump pan of the trans has to come off , the valve body removed to then access the sensor

I'd suggest to locate an auto transmission specialist to resolve the issue and I'd expect to pay $100 for the part + $100 in fluid and its about 4 hours labour to remove the pan, fit the new sensor and put it all back together

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you