Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

1999 Volvo V40 estate car. Alarm being triggered for no

Customer Question

1999 Volvo V40 estate car. Alarm being triggered for no apparent reason. Seems to have started with recent heavy rain. Although dry for the last few days, problem still occurring.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

most the time alarm is triggered by one of the door locks micro switch goes bad and they do go bad more with rain water can go in sensor to verify what lock sensor is not responding correct you must scanner and replace that lock sensor what is part for the door lock assembly for that side

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get to the locks and micro switches and how can I tell which is causing the false alarms