Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I've a 2009 Volvo S40 with automatic gearbox and 108000km

Customer Question

I've a 2009 Volvo S40 with automatic gearbox and 108000km driven. I recently changed the gear box oil and filter with Volvo genuine parts ever since intermittently I get a "low transmission performance" message and the revs rise up to 3200 before changing gear normal change is 2000 revs. This is followed all drive to wheels stopping, turn car off and on and it drives away normal or has happened twice on hill start clonk sound from car, electrical power loss and unable to restart with this the battery drains dead within a day.
I've brought the car back to the garage and the local Volvo dealer, they have updated the software, reset the parameters of the gearbox, checked the bonding leads, checked out the battery and they have driven over 500km but fault will not reproduce for them to read fault codes.
Would you have any ideas what the fault is.
John W
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Shantal
I've no answer to my question and can wait some more.
John W
Hello John,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

if you see that transmission low performance you must have fault code what is you fault code stored in trans ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Enes
I have 3 fault codes to-day
1) 05B3 Hydraultc Pressure solenoid, clutch even gears. Hydraulic Pressure to Low.
2 ) 05A3 Hydraulic Pressure solenoid, clutch odd gears. Hydraulic Pressure to Low.
3) Multiplex Function solenoid, clutch Pressure/Cooling even gears. Hydraulic Pressure Too High.
In your experience what could this be as my problems only started when I changed the automatic gearbox oil and filter.