Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo C70 climate control problem: The vehicle has lost its

Customer Question

Volvo C70 climate control problem: The vehicle has lost its ability to provide climate control? I have had the air con heat exchange rad checked and re gassed but it no longer cools the car? The car heater still works but you are unable to stop it pumping in hot air if the outside temp is over 20 degrees. This makes driving in these temperature very uncomfortable such that you are forced to open the windows! I have also noticed that on starting vehicle in the morning that the vehicle takes a long time to demised the windows.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Enes replied 9 days ago.

most time you will have temperature control damper motors are stuck in hot air position you must replace with new ones and calibrate with Volvo climate scan tool or it will not work if you don't calibrate it but that will be most time your problem

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank Enes - My Volvo centre have checked the fault by a computer and inform me that the faulty part is not available as a separate part and I have to have a complete new unit which will be £1000.00 + VAT and labour ( 5hrs at £125.00 per hour). Yes. "Volvo may be for life" but you could be bankrup by then!!!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Enes - since my last message I questioned the Volvo main agent on the proposed solution - because of the costs involved. They agreed they were not 100% sure that the solution they recommended was correct and agreed to re test the unit. The senior mechanic took over the test and declared that all it needed was a "re gas" This work to be carried out on 23rd June at 15.00hrs. I will update you when the work has been completed. I however still do not believe this is the solution but its a cheaper solution (£165.00) than the original proposed solution - It however does not give me confidence in Volvo's trained mechanics!!!
Expert:  Enes replied 5 days ago.
I don't think is module is gone be your temperature controls motors that model has not that much problem with module for climate
Expert:  Enes replied 5 days ago.
If you have few seconds please rate the answer positive by clicking the green accept you can still talk to me afte you that we will stay Iocked you can ask any follow up after for free thanks
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
A strange fault that now seems to have cleared its self? - costs - Just answer £30.00. Diagnostic not correct? Volvo main dealer check £45.00p ( totally wrong) Local specialist £50.00 ( no fault found!) Not impressed with the Volvo main agent!!!