Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I own a Volvo xc70 awd and have a problem with the steering

Customer Question

I own a Volvo xc70 awd and have a problem with the steering when driving round bends/roundabouts as the steering constantly wants to straighten itself. I have already changed the P/S pump. Any ideas please? could it be that Ive to change the steering rack?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you please refer.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any answers as yet?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi Barry .

Sorry did not get back straight away our internet went down..

This sounds like an alignment issue did you have the alignment done but a 4 Wheel alignment .

very important on the AWD models Visit a good modem alignment shop and ask if they have the up dated

measurement from VOLVO ,

Very common issue .

And when they are doing the alignment its policy to check all steering parts so if any damage is evident

this must be taken care of first ,

A bad control arm or ball joint will cause you problems like this.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..