Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Pasenger door fails to open when un looking with button on

Customer Question

pasenger door fails to open when un looking with button on key and olso using the key in the door
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described this sounds like the common fault with the door latch itself.It houses the door lock assembly and the door lock assembly can fail and causes this fault here with the latch needing replaced.You may have to have the door trim paneling removed with the door stuck closed ( this can damage the paneling) to then access the latch to try and manually release it then it can be replaced.In some cases a lock smith can use their tools to open the door as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete