Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Volvo v70 diesel started car heard a clank at same time dash

Customer Question

Volvo v70 diesel started car heard a clank at same time dash board said elec error..got out of car to find a large think silver thread ring almost looked liked size of brake pad or cereal bowl not sure if it's related but didn't want to risk driving it.. cars 2003
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I wouldnt drive it this way if you can.I would have it towed to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set and then those codes can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.The codes do need to be read out to help locate the fault.This may be a component from the engine like part of the alternator that came apart.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete