Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2011 XC60 with the rear entertainment system

Customer Question

Hi guys, I have a 2011 XC60 with the rear entertainment system factory fitted. It is the twin DVD players built into the screens in the headrest. Both units will not switch on. Because it is both units that will not power up, and both stopped at the same time, I figured it to be a supply fault but have checked the fuses and the 7.5A under the passenger footwell has continuity and is not broken in any way. I have done some research on Volvo forums and discovered the XC90 had additional fuses in the rear cargo compartment but the XC60 does not from what I can see. I am an electrician myself, though automobile electrics are very different from dwelling electrical supplies, the principle remains the same and I would say I have a very good understanding of electrical wiring and circuitry. I think it is either a harness fault or hidden fuse somewhere, do you know of any hidden fuse locations? Regards, Conor
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see any hidden fuses myself on this model here.I would inspect the wiring harness and connections leading to these units to see if any harness issues are found or any connection issues are found needing to be repaired or replaced.I suspect there may be a broken or damaged wire needing repaired or replaced to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete