Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

When starting the engine on my passat, the engine fires a

Customer Question

When starting the engine on my passat, the engine fires a few revs and then dies. Before this occurred the speedo and rev counter stopped working. What can be done about it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the rev counter quit and you have a no start issue like your seeing here this can be due to a fault with the engine crank sensor.Most engines use a crank sensor to determine the engine rpm/revolutions and this sensor can fail and can cause the issue you see here.The fault codes need to be checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete