Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2001 V70 Mkii No No pressure Light is flickering on

Customer Question

I have a 2001 V70 Mkii
No No pressure Light is flickering on and off, after a few miles
The car has been sat idle for a while
The oil was low and I have top it up, the oil was very dirty to start with.
Temperature is OkAny Ideas
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 29 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the engine is making any noise when running with this issue this can indicate a low oil pressure fault.This can be due to a restricted oil pick up tube or screen needing cleaned or an issue with the oil pump itself or failing bearings.It may also be due to thick dirty oil needing changed out.

If there is no noise I would have the oil changed out and the oil pressure tested with an oil pressure test gauge.If the pressure shows as o.k. then the oil pressure sensor needs replaced in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete