Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Parking sensors on a Volvo V50 2011 - can they be turned

Customer Question

Parking sensors on a Volvo V50 2011 - can they be turned off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately, if you do not have a switch on the dash to turn off park assist then they usually cannot be turned off.In some cases, a dealer may be able to re code or disable the park sensors with their computer.This is something you can check into as well but in most all cases if you do not have a switch on the dash to turn them on and off or any driver information center controls to turn them on and off then this cannot be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete