Jay
Jay, Writer/Teacher
Experience:  Magazine Writer/Editor, Teacher - 7 yrs., B.S. Pychology, and Ordained Minister
17093684

Can an adjective also be the object in a sentence? For

Can an adjective also be the object in a sentence? For example, '***** *****kes cakes. She is greedy'.
I understand that 'Lisa' is the subject, 'likes' is the verb and 'cakes' is the object in the first sentence.
In the second sentence, 'She' is the subject pronoun, 'is' is the verb, and I think that 'greedy' is an adjective but in this case is it also the object?I am a beginner student, so please provide a detailed, yet simple answer. Your help is much appreciated.
Category: Writing
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Homework Expert, that has also taught English. The following shows why I think that 'greedy' is a subject complement.'She is greedy'.She = Subjectis= Linking Verbgreedy (adjective) = Subject ComplementA subject complement is the adjective, noun, or pronoun that follows a linking verb.The following verbs are true linking verbs: any form of the verb be [am, is, are, was, were, has been, are being, might have been, etc.], become, and seem. These true linking verbs are always linking verbs.Does this help out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. It was a great help.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. I am glad to have provided this service for you.