Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have a Seat Leon 1.2 tsi 2013 reg: FG63SYS. Could you

I have a Seat Leon 1.2 tsi 2013 reg: FG63SYS.
Could you please tell me if it has a timing belt or timing chain, and at what mileage I have to get it replaced. Many Thanks.
Mick

Hi Mick

Thank you for your question. My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician, as you have supplied your registration number I can help you with the details you need.

Your Seat Leon has a timing belt and this should be replaced after the first 160000 miles regardless of months and then every 20000 miles. so quite a long interval. When it does need changing the book time to do the job is 2.8 hours including the tensioner.

I hope this fully answers your question but do please feel free to ask my anything further.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. You can ask further questions even after clicking accept.

Many Thanks

Steve