Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.

I need to back up all my contacts on my Samsung S4 (just purchased)

Customer Question

I need to back up all my contacts on my Samsung S4 (just purchased) on my mac prior to upgrading the softwear on the cell phone.
Kies is not doing this -only the music,can you help me please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Barrie! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please make sure you have the latest Kies software installed?

, and make sure the Contacts option is selected when backing up?
(Note: this is for s3, but is similar to s4.)

If that does not work, we have some more options:

- Your contacts are likely already back up to your google/gmail account online (make sure to use the same google/gmail account that you use/set up on the phone):

1. On the phone, go to Apps -> Settings, then scroll down to the Google option, select your account, then sync contacts

2. Then on the computer, go to the website below:
(Your can use the More option on that website, and export / save contacts to your computer if you'd like to.)

If that still does not work, please go to your Contacts on the phone

, then tap on Menu button

, then select the Import/Export option

, then export...,

, then plug the phone to the computer, then the phone device should show on the Desktop, then you can open it and open any folder / subfolder, then transfer the backup contact file to the computer:
(again, it's for S3, but similar to S4.)

If there is still any issue, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me. Thank you very much.