Josh, Technician
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years

My trusty and loyal Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini won't go past the

My trusty and loyal Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini won't go past the 'Welcome' screen of "Samsung Galaxy S III Mini GT-I8190" when I switch it on. I have tried off/on, and removing the battery, SIM card and memory card, but the outcome is the same. Is it dead, or is there hope?
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Step 1: Turn off your phone
Step 2: Release any “sim card or sd card” in your phone.
Step 3: Press & Hold “Vol+ key,Home key and Power key”.
Step 4: When you see in your mobile screen “android downloading mode”, Then release all hold key.
Step 5: You got “Android system recovery mode”,Use “Vol – key” and select “wipe data/factory reset” and press “power key” to confirm.
Step 6: Again use “Vol- key” and select “Yes — delete all user data” and press “power key” to confirm
Step 7: After complete the hard reset, select “reboot system Now”, And press “Power key”.
Step 8: Now your Device will reboots.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Will I lose all data? Stored phone numbers, photos, downloaded apps?
You will lose all of your information on the phone unfortunately.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the update. It would have been a little more helpful to have known that as part of the original answer.

I guessed a 'factory reset' was the only answer, and appreciate the help you gave explaining the factory reset. Ultimately though, the factory reset didn't work either - the process kept 'freezing' at the Android download bit so i gave up after three attempts.

This is not the fault of your answer - I appreciate your advice was the right advice as there was no other option.