Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Im trying to put a credit card onto my kindle paperwhite but

Customer Question

Hi im trying to put a credit card onto my kindle paperwhite but my settings arent helping !
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure, its a few years old now ,it just says amazon kindle paperwite
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A few months to be ho
Assistant: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ive been billed for a few books that i havent received ,it was saying the books were on there but in fact they hafd a chapter on tne end of the previous book so guessing thats why it said that
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the message you get when it fails?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It says I do not have a valid default credit card for my amazon account ,I cancelled my old one
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

To renew this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.

To do this, please do the below steps.

Visit the page for your account - https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)

On the right side select "Settings"

Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

It will then be updated

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.