JamesI
JamesI, Mobile device engineer
Experience:  I have provided support for a range of Android devices including Tablets, TV and Phones.
75967336

My galaxy tab 3 switches off when I still have 50% battery

my galaxy tab 3 switches off when I still have 50% battery left. It then has to be rebooted. The left side of the tablet is warm, compared with the right side.
Any thoughts
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing else to add.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My Samsung Galaxy has now shut down fully with 70% battery still indicated!

Good afternoon, how old is the tablet, this type of fault points towards a faulty battery?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
4 years old

The nature of the fault is hardware related not software so remote assistance wouldnt assist you here (just add to your cost of troubleshooting.

Based on the age I would say its most likely the battery, before proceeding with replacing the battery it is worth performing a factory reset of the appliance, plugging it in leaving it fully charged while switched off then turning it on and see if the unit powers off at 70%. If it does, its the battery.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I now suspect, after doing further checks, that it is the battery at fault. I don't need your help after all. Sorry to bother you, but its a shame that your response is rather slow.

No problem would you like details on how to replace the battery?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please if it's not going to cost me more money. Thank you

No problem, advice given as part of the question is all covered by the initial payment made.

The video here shows how to remove the case so you can access the battery, in essence you need some flat (but not sharp) to free the back off the tab, there are loads if videos out there you may also wish to look at.

Depending on if this is the 10" or 7" screen size you can source the battery here or here and that comes with all of the tools required.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you James, over and out.
Peter

Please use the star rating on the page to rate the service so I may close the case.