Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My samsung J5 Pro 2017 just keeps disconnecting a few

My samsung J5 Pro 2017 just keeps disconnecting a few minutes into calls.

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to make calls correctly on the phone?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi and thank you.
Yes I can make and receive calls normally. Just that once I am on the call, after a few minutes the call just disconnects.
Kind regards.

ok, but also this happens when you make the call or only when you receive it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How would you connect to the phone, what do I need to do?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. As I said I make and receive calls normally. But once I'm on the call (either after receiving or making it), I will speak normally for a few minutes and suddenly it will cut-off. Also, just FYI, my friend recommended that I change the mobile setting from LTE to 3G/2G only. But that has not helped.

Can you please as the first step, hold the power button until you see a menu and choose power off.

Then power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I had already done that a couple of days ago. It did not work. I did what they called a soft reset and then did a factory data reset; none of that has worked.

When you did the factory reset, it removed all the data from the phone correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is correct.

ok, then it is not software, normally it is a faulty SIM card.

Have you tried replacing the Sim card?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not tried replacing the sim card. Does that mean I have to ask Vodafone to issue me with a new sim card?

yes, they will send it no extra charge, if it then fails, then it is the SIM port in the phone and you would then need to replace the phone, it is only one of these two causes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will change the sim card as you have suggested, but the sim card I know is fine because on my old iphone it works fine. This has only happened since I recently changed the phone. I am also told that this has been a problem on many Samsung phone

No it is not a problem on many phones, it is only on faulty ones, but I advise you to replace the sim card and if that fails then the phone is at fault and you will need to replace it sorry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Richard thank you for your help.
Kind regards.
neville

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot rate your service yet. You provided the advice that it is probably a faulty sim card. And I have ordered the new simcard. Until the phone works again I won't know whether your advice was good or otherwise. I do not want to leave you not-compensated; so what should I do? If your answer is give you a 5 star rating, that would not be the truth. So far your advice was pleasantly delivered, that means 3 star until now; thereafter dependent on result.

Please remember, if the sim card does not work we know it is the sim port on the phone and this would need to be replaced, I have eliminated everything else, it can only be these two things.

But you can of course rate me how and when you wish, remember though I cannot control faults in hardware, it is the service from me being rated.

And a rating does not close off this question