Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have an Huaweil CRR-L09, android version 6.00, for about

Customer Question

I have an Huaweil CRR-L09, android version 6.00, for about five years. Lately I notice it is cutting-out and closing down even if there is a full 60% battery. Is this an indicator of the need to upgrade phone. If yes, what version would you recommend. I like to stay with Huawei.
JA: When did you last update your software?
Customer: I update software when asked to do so by the operator.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am told there is built-in-obsolescence in most phones. Is this the case with mine?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please continue to find an answer to my query.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think the battery is displaying erratic behaviour especially when it automatically l cuts-out without apparent reason
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If it is powering off instantly, then it points to an issue with the battery or mainboard, basically a hardware issue.

But first to rule out the firmware as the problem, I want you to reset the phone.

This will remove all data from it and return it to new, so first please backup your data using the instructions here.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-backup-your-android-smartphone-to-pc/

Once done, then on the phone go to settings, search at the top for Factory Reset and do this.

Once done, setup the phone again and tell me how it now functions please.