Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Google Pixel 3a is not working. It started a slight crack

Customer Question

my Google Pixel 3a is not working. It started a slight crack on the screen which gradually developed and enlarged. The phone was still working, just randomly switching off every now and then. Then it just wouldn't switch on again. I have insurance in place so I wanted to send it to get fixed. They didn't analyze it but viewed it from a distant glance and straight away told me I would need a replacement phone at the excess charge of £60.00 - Is this accurate? In any case, My priority and main concern is accessing the picturs on that phone. It was never backed up and i no llonger wish to format this phone. There are very precious pictures of a recently deceased close family member and need to access the pictres urgently. Is there an option?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

The random could have indicated a major hardware failure like the internal board. If the internal board is failed, then most insurance companies won't fix it and they will just replace it as the cost of repair is almost the same of the price of a new one.

The problem is, if the phone is not turning on at all, then there is no way to back up the photos or files now. Your computer won't read the contents on the photo without it being turned on and giving permission on screen (a security feature).

Connect it to your computer for 20 minutes and try to turn it on. Does it turn?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, it isn't. :( but thank you for our help anyway.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better solution. Have a good day!