Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

The screen on my S7 edge has broken and I want to transfer

hello, the screen on my S7 edge has broken and I want to transfer data to my new phone which is an A10, can this be done?
JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: i charged my new phone today and my old phone yesterday
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: yes on my S7 3/4 of the screen in now white so I can only see the top 1/3 (I dropped in on the edge of a coffee table)
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just hoping I can somehow transfer my data :)

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

The problem is, to transfer anything from the phone to the new one, you will need to give permission which would appear on the screen. Without giving this permission, the other phone or a computer won't see the contents.

First, try this. Connect the phone to your PC. Now, are you able to see the permission message on your screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you mean the screen on the phone? only 1/3 of it. vaguely make out the rest of it, mostly guessing what the icons are.....
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thank you, ***** ***** like the data is being copied, so appears I have managed to sort it

I'm glad to hear that!