Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

Could you tell me how to remove 'a robotcatcha4.info' from

Customer Question

Good morning could you tell me how to remove 'a robotcatcha4.info' from my Galaxy A20e. It seems to be affiliated to Chrome and is hugely annoying + some of the things coming up on my screen are quite explicit
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?
Customer: Sorry Pearl I'm not sure what you mean apologies for being so elderly!!
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 3 days. Have tried going online to try and solve the problem but I can't find anything in my apps that relates to robotcatcha
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Although I can effectively use my phone I really am elderly so please keep it simple!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry about your Chrome issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Sorry, it took me some time to research the issue and type up the solution. Please try the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app icon (the gear / wheel icon) on your Samsung Galaxy A20e smartphone:
  2. Select option Apps.
  3. Select the Chrome item there. (If you do not see the Chrome item there, then select option called All first.)
  4. Select option Storage (or option Storage & cache).
  5. Then clear storage there and confirm.
  6. Then open the Chrome app icon and see if the issue is resolved now.

- If that does not work, please try the following steps:

1. Open the Chrome app icon.
  2. Tap the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in the Chrome app, then tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down and tap option Privacy.
  4. Tap option Clear browsing data.
  5. Tap option Advanced.
  6. Tap the tiny arrow icon on the right of the item called Time range, then tap option All time.
  7. Uncheck all the squared boxes there.
  8. Check the boxes on the right of the two options Cached images and files, and Site settings. (Scroll down first as needed.)
  9. Then see if the issue is resolved now.

- If needed, open the Play Store app icon, then type / search for the Google Chrome app there, then uninstall it. Then re-install it and check.

Please let me know if there is still issue. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I think the problem might have been solved because the icons and images that were on the screen have now gone. I'll contact again if the problem returns

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,