Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Renewed battery on Tab A SM-580 but still tablet will not

Customer Question

renewed battery on Tab A SM-580 but still tablet will not charge, and when charger connected a hot area develops around the 6R8 component area!
JA: Have you tried different power sources or a different wall adapter (the part of the charger with prongs)?
Customer: Have tried a few different power sources and leads. Also when new battery fitted, the battery appeared to drain quite quickly.
JA: Is the charging port of your device clean, with the small tab inside unbent?
Customer: As far as I can see yes.
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had to remove the new battery quickly as it was draining so fast and wanted to save some charge before my next step!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

If the battery will not charge and the 6R8 component is getting hot then there is a short somewhere, most likely around the charging socket.

The charging socket will need to be repaired or replaced.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Peter,

Have managed to view your reply, for which I thank you and retract my earlier views! However I would say it is not very good to practice to run an online business such as yours with a known bug!
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

JustAnswer connects customers to experts around the world. I am a user of this site just like you :)

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will certainly rate your reply when I have completed your suggestion!
Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for the update :)
Pete.