Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My samsung mobile phone is creating dmp files Assistant:

Customer Question

My samsung mobile phone is creating dmp files
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Samsung A3
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been going on for quite sometime. I go into files and delete them and have had in excess of 1500 and more thsn one occasion
Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just delete all of the 254 dmp files so I do not have an example to show.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Pete
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How are you going to connect. We do not get a very poor signal here and I am replying to you on my PC and not the phone
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry that should have read...we only get a very poor signal here.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still ther. I am now back on the phone
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

The dmp, or dump, files are created as part of the backup process so that the phone can recover quickly if something goes wrong.

It is not uncommon to have hundred or even thousands of old dmp files on your phone.

However over time they do start to take up space, so you can clear them out if you need to free up some memory on the phone.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Pete.