Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have deleted files from my Samsung galaxy can I get them

Customer Question

Hi I have deleted files from my Samsung galaxy can I get them back?
Assistant: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Samsung galaxy s5
Assistant: How long have you had your S5?
Customer: About 2 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tying to recover deleted files but nothing happens
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi will I get an answer to my question?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Still waiting for a reply?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes I will wait, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi have you any updates yet?.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry for the delayed response. My apologies. As you probably already know, when you delete something from your phone, only the reference to that file is being deleted and the actual file will be still there for a limited time and could be recovered using third party data recovery applications. These deleted files will be there until they are overwritten with new ones. It is possible to retrieve deleted files like photos, messages etc. But that completely depends upon how much you used your phone after you deleted them.

If you have taken photos or videos, downloaded apps, etc after you deleted them then the chance of them getting recovered is slim to none. Because they might be overwritten with new ones.

The more you use the phone, the more it becomes hard to recover. However, you can attempt to recover them using the following applications

Dr.Fone for from Wondershare --> https://www.wondershare.com/android-data-recovery.html

EaseUs --> https://www.easeus.com/ad/recover-deleted-files.htm

The applications are paid ones, so try the trial versions before buying them. Again, I can't guarantee they can be recovered and the success completely depends up on the factors I mentioned.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.