Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My mobile has reverted to factory settings and I’ve forgot

Customer Question

Hello my mobile has reverted to factory settings and I’ve forgot the password ***** my old mobile so Incan transfer all of my data can you help me please
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: It’s a Samsung Android mobile phone
JA: When were you last able to use your Samsung phone?
Customer: My new one last night the old one about 2 months ago
JA: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?
Customer: Yes I think so
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you have an answer
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I’m happy to wait , how long does it usually take
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

What is the model of your old mobile?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Samsung J5
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How confident are you that you’ll be able to access the phone to fix it, I went to a store yesterday and they said it was virtually impossible to do
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Please ignore the secure remote offer. It is an automatic offer from this site. I will help you here.

If you have Samsung's Find My Mobile feature enabled, then you can unlock using it. So we can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on there. Click More on the right side under Ring My Device, Lock My Device, etc. Then click Unlock Device and when you do that, your screen will be unlocked.

If that didn't work and if you are completely locked out from the phone, then I'm sorry, there is no other way to override that lock and get in back to your phone. No other devices like a computer will be able to read the phone's data without unlocking it first. This is how Samsung designed it for data protection.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.